CHILD SAFETY STANDARDS
A safe and nurturing environment.
Avila College is committed to:
- being a child-safe environment which has zero tolerance for child abuse;
- actively engaging; listening to and empowering all our students;
- open communication with our families and supporting them to promote the wellbeing and safety of their children;
- establishing child-safe relationships within our community;
- developing an organisational culture marked by collaborative, vigilant and proactive approaches across policies, procedures, curriculum and practices;
- supporting and developing all our staff in their roles to educate, care for and protect our students.
Ministerial Order 870 is a key part of the Government's response to the recommendations of the Victorian Parliamentary Inquiry into the Handling of Child Abuse by Religious and other Non-Government Organisations.
Avila College supports the Ministerial Order and Child Safe Standards to ensure protection of all children, believing all young people have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse and neglect.